If you are suffering from missing or decaying teeth, you most likely are also experiencing discomfort, pain, and decreased confidence. Replacing missing teeth today is easier and more natural looking than ever with the modern advancement of dental implants. With dental implants, you can receive a new tooth that works and functions just like (if not better than) the original.
This life changing procedure improves your smile, oral health, and quality of life. Gladstone, MO implant dentistry is performed by our dentists at Happy Rock Dental for patients who are in need of a permanent and natural looking tooth replacement option.
Why Should I Replace Missing Teeth?
When you replace missing teeth with dental implants, your smile is completely restored, allowing you to smile with confidence again. If you are missing teeth or experiencing pain from a decaying tooth, it’s time to talk to our professional dental team. It is very important to deal with tooth decay, chipped teeth, or broken teeth right away as they can lead to serious gum disease and other oral health issues if left untreated. Over time, missing teeth can also reduce the strength and structure of your gum tissue and jaw bone. An implanted tooth looks just like a real tooth. It works like a real tooth as well, connecting to a fake root that is placed into the natural jaw bone. You will be able to speak, eat food, and smile just like you would with a natural set of teeth.
Who Qualifies for Dental Implants?
As your dental provider, we willexamine your oral structures to determine if you are a good candidate for implants. We will sit down with you and discuss all the options related to receiving a permanent tooth replacement. The first way to proceed with the dental implant process is to book an appointment with us and go through the full exam and consultation. We will also refer to your medical history to make sure this procedure is safe for you as well. The following factors may increase your chances that you are a candidate for implant dentistry:
- You have good oral health
- You do not have existing gum disease
- You are not a smoker
- You are not currently pregnant
- You have sufficient bone in your jaw area to hold an implant
- You do not take medicines that suppress the immune system
- You do not excessively grind your teeth or clench your jaw
Dental Implants vs. Other Tooth Replacement Options
Choosing dental implants over other tooth replacement procedures means you are choosing one of the most authentic, natural looking procedures you can receive for missing or rotting teeth. It gives you long lasting, permanent results that could even last a lifetime if cared for properly. There can be many benefits to replacing missing teeth, including:
- Oral Wellness – replacing a missing or broken teeth restores your mouth to function properly and keeps your gum tissue healthy and your jaw structure and bone in place. The new tooth ensures a firm foundation around other teeth, preventing future decay or gum disease.
- Improved Confidence – replacing missing teeth means you can eat food, speak, and smile without feeling self-conscious about your missing or decaying tooth getting in the way.
- No More Pain – many patients experience pain when a tooth is dying or decaying and needs replacement. Removing the decay, healing the infected area, and putting in a new healthy tooth will eliminate this pain.
Choosing implant dentistry at Happy Rock Dental to improve your smile is the ideal tooth replacement procedure. Our skilled dentists use Galileos digital implant planning to ensure a smooth and effective procedure. With the advanced Galileos technology, we can guarantee the highest possible chance for a successful implant placement.
We perform the implant procedure in a series of steps, starting with consultation appointments, exams, and impressions and finishing with the implant and crown placement. The steps, in more detail, include the following:
- Before the procedure, we will numb the area with an anesthetic to prevent any uncomfortable sensitivity during the insertion of the implant.
- A prosthetic root made of titanium is installed into the bone socket area where the old tooth root once resided. The implant will provide a “root” to which the prosthetic tooth will attach. Our dentists use the advanced Galileos digital implant planning to map out the placement of the implant before actual insertion. This technology means that the placement of the implant will always be successful and prevents unnecessary pain throughout the remainder of the procedure.
- After some time, the gum and tissue around the new root will fuse together and become one solid base.
- Once the root fuses with the jawbone, a piece called an abutment is attached on top of the implant. The abutment works like a connective piece between the implant and the crown and ensures a sturdy connection site.
- The last step is to attach the prosthetic tooth to the abutment and adjust into place. Your new tooth will fit perfectly into the area where your old tooth resided, creating the most natural appearance. After the procedure, you should be able to resume normal activities. Over the counter pain medications can be taken to alleviate any discomfort or pain. You will most likely only experience very mild discomfort.
The procedure is worth it! Call our staff to learn more about our tooth replacement services. For more information on our other restorative services, visit our page on CEREC dentistry- the most advanced way to get same-day dental restorations.