At our office, we are proud to offer patients faster, more natural looking restorations than ever. With advancements in technology, we can even provide dental crowns in just one day. Our office provides quality, long- lasting, same day dental crowns in Gladstone, Missouri.
Our dentists are expertly trained in the field of CEREC dentistry and Dr. Grutter is a renowned trainer in same-day crown procedures. If you are in need of a restorative procedure, trust our practice to provide excellence in material and appearance when it comes to your restoration.
Natural Looking Results
The dental crowns of yesterday were oftentimes extremely noticeable and unnatural looking and detracted from the beauty of a patient’s smile. The crowns of today match the color and appearance of your natural teeth to the point where you can’t even tell the difference between a natural tooth and a restoration. Our CEREC-designed crowns are particularly natural looking as they have been intricately designed by advanced 3D software to match the size and shape of your existing teeth.
When Do I Need a Crown?
There are a variety of reasons why a patient would need a crown, including:
- to protect weak or damaged teeth
- to strengthen decayed teeth that have been cleaned out
- to restore a broken tooth
- to hide unattractive teeth
- to complete a dental bridge
- to replace a missing tooth in implant dentistry
- to protect a tooth after root canal therapy
Our patients are always impressed and relieved at the concept of receiving a quality crown (or any restoration) in just one visit to our office. We understand that most patients just don’t have the time available for multiple visits to our office just to have a crown placed. At Happy Rock Dental, our dentists are able to provide one-stop restorations with our CEREC technology.
This technology is renowned for its ability to create and place restorations in one appointment. Patients are able to walk in with a damaged tooth and walk out with a healthy, attractive, and fully restored smile. This technology doesn’t just create crowns; it also can provide veneers, inlays, and onlays. After thorough evaluations and examinations, your dentist will be able to determine if your particular situation and oral health needs can be handled by this fast technology.
The Procedural Steps:
- The affected tooth is treated and prepared for crown placement. This can entail either filing down the tooth or building it up to help support the restoration.
- A high-grade ceramic is chosen based on the shade of your surrounding teeth and placed into our “milling machine”.
- A very thin coat of powder is placed over the damaged tooth.
- The tooth is then photographed in various angles to create a digital representation of the prepared tooth. The software is then able to map out the perfect measurements of the new restoration based on this digital representation.
- Once the restoration is digitally designed, the design is sent to the milling machine, where the real restoration is intricately carved out of the selected ceramic.
- When the restoration is complete, our dentists will place the restoration over the affected tooth and permanently secure it using dental cement.
Crowns vs. Veneers
Dental crowns differ from a traditional veneer and yet can achieve the same aesthetic results. While veneers are thin shells that cover only the front surface of a tooth, a crown is a more sturdy structure that completely encases the affected tooth for ultimate protection.
Will it be Noticeable?
Our same-day crowns are very natural and the technology used to create them have come a long way in matching the color and shape of your teeth. Even the bite, size, and shape are adjusted and examined. Your results will be natural looking and unnoticeable and they often even rival the form and function of a real tooth. Using the precision of 3D and digital technology, our dentists can promise to fully restore your smile’s appearance and health.
After the Procedure
Our CEREC technology creates permanent restorations. The CEREC crowns are created for strength and durability- you can expect to go for many years without any additional treatment to the area or replacement. It is important to take care of your teeth with regular cleanings and daily brushing and flossing. In many cases, the procedure lasts around eight years or more. If you do grind your teeth, our dentists will help you take the precautions necessary to prevent damage. Take extra care when chewing hard or sticky foods as this can cause damage to your restoration. Following proper care guidelines is important, especially to prevent any decay or disease in or around the tooth area.
Where do I Start?
Take advantage of our fast and beautiful CEREC same day crowns. Call our team today if you are in need of a restoration and want to save time with this advanced technology. We look forward to seeing you and caring for your smile.